My Life of What Ifs

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cars 2, Oral-B, and Crest Pro Health for Me, umm... them

I was so excited to be picked by MomSelect to host a MommyParties Crest and Oral-B Pro Health for me Party featuring many awesome Crest and Oral-B Stages products and the new Disney movie Cars 2.

Teeth brushing and oral hygiene has always been a challenge in my house.  But it's something I am relentless about.  My girls have always loved the Oral-B Stages toothbrushes and toothpaste, especially the Disney Princess designs.  But, they are getting older and I was finding that plain toothbrushes weren't cutting it for my oldest who is now 11.  So, I was extremely happy when Oral-B introduced their Pro Health for Me line.  They are more grown up than Cinderella, but they still have more pizzazz than a plain toothbrush.  The brushes, paste, flossers and rinse have been a huge hit in my house.

We shared our bounty, courtesy of MomSelect, MommyParties, Crest and Oral B, with four of our favorite families.  With a zillion kids between us ranging in age from two to twelve, we had something for everyone.  Including coupons and information.  Moms crave coupons and information.


We were able to host a viewing party for Cars 2 complete with popcorn, pop (for some) and lots and lots of goodies.  Their was even a learning activity where the kids could vote for which items made a mouth yucky versus healthy.  And balloons! We had balloons.  My dogs LOVED the balloons.

  

Organizing the goody bags is always a fun for me.  I can't explain it, but putting a few of each item in every bag it something I truly enjoy, and for this party things were no different.  Look at what I had to share with my peeps!




 

Of course the movie Cars 2 was a huge hit.  My girls are big fans of Mater.  Take a look at his teeth! 


With all of the information I had to read and distribute courtesy of Crest and Oral-B, I learned a lot.  Such as...

Oral B Stages, dentists' #1 recommended toothbrush brand for children, not only has kid appeal but is specially designed to address children's dentition, dexterity and development as they grow.  Oral-B also offers kid-friendly Stages toothpaste to complement their brushing routine. 

In a 2001 practice-based study involving 22 pediatric dental offices in the U.S., Europe and Australia, and nearly 800 children, revealed:
  • 69% of parents reported that, compared to other brushes used, their child was motivated to brush longer with the Stages brush.
  • 91% of dental professionals surveyed felt that the Stages brushes address the specific dentition and dexterity needs of children.
I can vouch for the longer brushing.  My girls have ALWAYS brushed better with these toothbrushes.  That's probably why my dentist gives this brand and style out at our twice-a-year visits.

Crest and Oral-B Pro-Health FOR ME is the first and only complete line of oral care products for tweens (kids 8+) created to protect all the areas dentists check in kids including fighting cavities, strengthening teeth enamel and freshening their breath. And it has cool and unique packaging that tweens love.  At least mine does.

Some fun Tips and Trivia for Healthier Teeth
  • Children should start flossing as soon as two teeth touch each other.
  • Brushing alone can miss up to 30% of the tooth surface.  A plastic handled flosser can make it easier for kids to floss.
  • How much is the Tooth Fairy paying these days per tooth?  About $2 according to Securian Dental Plans, an insurance provider.  (Note to self...)
  • Kids with braces should use a two step system- brushing from the top down, and then the bottom up.  This will help dislodge any breakfast that may be stuck in the brackets.
  • After a professional dental cleaning it only takes a few hours for plaque to re-form on your teeth, so make sure you brush, floss and rinse every day between visits.
  • Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different. (How great is this little NCIS-worthy fact?)
We had a great time, learned a lot, and have many great products to help our kids keep up some great oral hygiene habits.  Thanks to Crest and Oral-B for helping us with another Mommy Challenge.

Don't forget to visit Oralb.com/Stages and CrestProHealth.com for more valuable information.  You can also follow @OralB and @Crest on Twitter and become friends of Oral-B and Crest on Facebook.

Disclosure: I was supplied with all of the products shown by MommyParties in order to host this event. All opinions, photos and comments expressed are my own. 
Stacy

No comments: