My Life of What Ifs

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miracles Do Happen


As of yesterday morning at 7:58 am, my husbands facebook status says "Cory is wishing my beautiful wife a very happy birthday."

Beautiful wife. Do you know how long it's been since I've heard that from him? I can't even remember, that's how long. But you know what? That's OK. My craziness has affected him more than anyone and yet he's right there on my left every night. Spooning me when he thinks of it and offering his chest to lay on when I need that too.

Marriage is hard. I've said it before and I will say it again. You may think what you have is perfect and untouchable, but you are wrong. Marriage is harder than any college course. It's harder than any career, and sometimes it hurts more than childbirth. But it's worth it.

The picture you see was sent to me in an email recently and it was the best in the group as far as I was concerned. La La Land can be created by anyone. But staying in love, or in some cases falling back in love, is very special, because it's the opposite of easy. And if you can maintain love after life smacks you in the face then you are going to be better for it, because not everyone can.
Stacy

No comments: