My Life of What Ifs

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When it's good, then it's good, it's so good, 'til it goes bad

Even without episodes of depression life is full of ups and downs. People often say they are waiting for the other shoe to drop, or things are going so good, when is the bad thing coming?

So I can go along having a great freelance month. Lots of newspaper assignments, a lot of traffic here and at the Examiner. I even got a new gig covering my county at Detroit Mommies, and then here comes the crap, I mean, not so good things.

Right before we left for vacation our dryer stopped drying, it's spins but doesn't heat up. The wall of our shower caved in (water was getting behind the tile). The fridge in our camper stopped working, and the A/C in my car died. Oh and while we were on vacation, our lovely oldest daughter hurled on Cory's laptop while watching a movie. Luckily, it still works, but is in the shop for cleaning and a new keyboard.

Some may think, bad karma? And I admit I have said "Who did I wrong in a previous life?" But let's not go there. Let's just say, it's all put us a little further behind than we already were, and how far behind we are is just a result, again, of me quitting my job nine months ago.

Oh yeah, that again. It's very hard to relaunch your life and redirect your career when the crap keeps showing up. But who am I kidding? It's just that other old saying "no one said it was going to be easy." It's not easy, the crap is hard, and every time I jump a hurdle someone puts another one up in front of me. But I wake up everyday thankful for what I don't have to do, and thankful for what I have, and I try not to let the crap get to me. Because honestly? The crap is worth it.
Stacy

No comments: