My Life of What Ifs

Monday, June 28, 2010

It's not too late to pledge!

I have many friends who are big fans of The Biggest Loser.  They love that show.

And if you have read my blog lately you know that I am on a quest to lose weight and get healthy by making better food choices and by moving more. 

In May, I heard about the Pound for Pound Challenge where the Kroger Co. Family of Stores, General Mills, NBC's hit TV Show “The Biggest Loser” and other key sponsors are partnering to donate up to $1,080,000 to Feeding America® this year.

It made complete sense to me to make the pledge.  I was already on the quest and for every pound I pledged to lose through June 30, 2010 the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 14¢ to Feeding America® — enough to deliver one pound of groceries to a local food bank.  Which, in our area is Gleaners.  And in my case was 20 pounds.  Now I am not going to tell you if I made it or not- I have until Wednesday to see...

But I do know that through this challenge I have discovered some new products, courtesy of Kroger and General Mills.  As the official supplier of the Biggest Loser Ranch and partner of the Pound for Pound Challenge, the Kroger Family of Stores wants to help you achieve your goals. If you’re a fan of the Biggest Loser, you may have seen several great General Mills products featured on the show. These products, including Yoplait Greek yogurt, Total, and Multigrain Cheerios, are available at your local Kroger Family of Stores and can help you stick to your weight management plan.

Kroger and MyBlogSpark sent me a $30 gift card to try out these products featured on the show.  I found that I am a big fan of LaraBars.  They are very filling, and are made from REAL products.  In fact each one has three to four ingredients, and I know what each of them is!  I was also able to try a few Muir Glen products, as well as a few products from General Mills and Yoplait.  It's been a great opportunity to help my community, help myself, and try out a few new things in the process.  Now, I just have to see how I did, check me out later this week :)

In the meantime, it's not too late!!!  You too, can go and make a pound for pound pledge.  Just visit the Pound for Pound Challenge and make a pledge to help your community and you!


Disclosure:  I was provided a gift card and information by the Kroger Family of Stores and General Mills through MyBlogSpark.  My opinion of these products is mine and mine alone.  I was not influenced by anyone at any time.
Stacy

No comments: