My Life of What Ifs

Monday, June 21, 2010

Music Memory Monday

It's my ring tone for him, and we played it on the iPod just yesterday for our girls.  I would have never guessed...


Now That We Found Love
What are we gonna do with it?

This isn't the first song that made me think of him. It's not the song played during our first dance at our wedding. But there really isn't a better song to be "our song".

We weren't supposed to last. I had just broken up with my first boyfriend after two years together, but it wasn't a clean break. He had broken up with his girlfriend a few months earlier because he found out that she was cheating on him while he was at deer camp. I was going away to college that fall and didn't want any attachments, which was part of the reason why I ended it with the boyfriend. But no matter how many other dates I went on, he was the one I couldn't get out of my head. The smile, the dimples, the smart ass comments, I was falling for all of it.

We were at a party together. Me with my friends, he with his, and the DJ played this song. It was popular at the time, it was fun and it made you want to get up and dance. The more I heard it after that night the more I liked it, and the more it reminded me of him.

It took a few months of back and forth, but eventually we admitted to one another what was obvious to everyone else. "Now that we've found love what are we gonna do with it?" Well I "took" him to college with me and we've been together ever since. Our dating life wasn't flawless, and our marriage far from perfect, but after 18 years together and almost 13 years of marriage we still love this song. Now we play it loud and dance with our girls. It will always be "our" song.
Stacy

No comments: