My Life of What Ifs

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza and hormonal tweens

I have an enormous sweet tooth.  Seriously, I need help. I also have a hormonal 10-year-old daughter.  Seriously, I need help with that too.  I will also say right off the bat that I am not condoning or fixing my daughters mood swings with sweet, sinful desserts.  But I do make them to make me feel better after putting up with her.  And her seven-year-old sister who can be equally as bitc... ummm, moody.  I have food issues, and I am trying to make sure my daughters do not.  But anywho, let's talk about the dessert pizza goodness I made today.  #Familymeals do not need to be followed by dessert, but is sure as hell helps.

I found the recipe for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza on the Pillsbury website. I have seen it in magazines other times and had always wanted to make it.  Today it was necessary.

All you need is:

1 roll of chocolate chip cookie dough
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ( I used Peter Pan)
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup whipped topping (I used Reddi Whip)
hot fudge topping
chopped nuts


With those sinful ingredients you do the following:
  • Heat oven to 350°F. Press cookie dough evenly in bottom of pizzsa pan to form crust.
  • Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
  • Spread peanut butter mixture over top. Drizzle with fudge topping. Sprinkle with peanuts. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until serving time. Cut into wedges or squares. Spray a dollop of Reddi-Whip on top (OK that's my own signature move)
Then you eat this ooey, gooey goodness and try not to gag.  It's that good.  I also strongly suggest small portions.  Even those with the healthiest of blood sugar levels may have issues after ingesting this dessert.  Check out my whrrl below for pictures of the delectable dessert pizza.


More check-ins at Walmart Supercenter #1754
Powered by Whrrl

This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias, all opinions are mine and mine alone.
Stacy

No comments: