My Life of What Ifs

Monday, October 4, 2010

Say Boo to the Flu (i.e. Creepy crud, death-warmed-over, virus, snot, yuck!)

So I'll get right to the point.  Do you get flu shots for yourself and/or your children?

I did for many years for myself.  Every year since I was had Ryann in 2000.  Then I would have the girls get them too.  Until last year, when their pediatrician didn't have the flu shot clinic and I caved to the girls whining "we don't want to get a shot!"



This year I am taking the girls to "Say Boo To The Flu" at Alliance Mobile Health in Troy.  It's a Halloween-themed flu shot clinic, and what better way to fight off the flu shot worries than to dress up for the process?

Families Fighting Flu, Visiting Nurse Associations of America and The Clorox Company have teamed up to help you keep your family protected from the flu.   Detroit-area residents are invited to educate (and vaccinate) about flu prevention from noon until 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 9 at 2045 Austin Dr. in Troy.

You can also take the "Say Boo to the Flu" pledge and be entered to win some awesome prizes including an AMAZING sweepstakes to win a trip for four to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando!!

So join me, Melissa from Rock and Drool, and Amy from Coffee with the Mrs. at "Say Boo to the Flu"!

The cost for the flu shot is $25 – and at least 24 free flu shots will be available. FluMist is $30 and pneumonia shots are $50. VNA is able to bill the following insurances: Blue Care Network, Medicare, HAP, Health Plus of Michigan and Priority Health. VNA also accepts cash; checks should be made payable to VNHSS.

P.S.  If you hear two girls, one six and one 10, screaming from afar at this event it's because they still hate me for making them get a shot.  Candy involved or not.

Disclosure:  I am working with TheMotherhood and The Clorox Company, and they have compensated me for my time.  However, all opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Stacy

1 comment:

melissa said...

see you there.
i'll have my 6 year old son. we'll probably being doing the nasal mist.

no tears.