My Life of What Ifs

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Creative Writing (Take 1)

He came into my work to see me. I found this odd because I couldn't recall telling him anything about the greenhouse I had been hired at for the summer.

I was in the process of trying to find a cart to unload some flats of flowers when I saw him. Our eyes met and I kept walking, right on past him. His disappointment was instant and obvious but my decision to keep walking took no thought.

As I continued to look for a cart I saw him sitting and waiting for me. But I felt no hesitation or inclination to acknowledge him beyond that initial look.

Eventually he walked out of the shop. He didn't seem disappointed or angry really, he looked at peace, like he had his answer about me, about everything. Then I woke up and I realized I had mine as well.
Stacy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You write wonderfully; really captured the moment.