My Life of What Ifs

Friday, August 13, 2010

Going back to school with purpose- and the value of some new school supplies

You can never underestimate the power of some new school supplies.  Growing up, for me it was one of my favorite rituals.  I loved fresh notebooks, long pencils, and a new Trapper Keeper with a Critter Sitter on the front.  I can smell the vinyl, can you?

With today's economy the way it is, not only are parents cutting back on these supplies, schools and teachers have to as well.  It's a shame actually, because I can't believe I was the only one who found inspiration in these items.  They made me excited for school, and passionate about going back and getting to work.

This year DaySpring has launched their Back To School with Purpose campaign.  It's a line of inspirational school supplies with motivational verses on them, all with the idea of sending our children back to school with purpose.  It's not a hardship to attend school, learning is fun, and DaySpring wants to spread that message.

DaySpring will to donate $10 per #WithPurpose post about going back to school with purpose for the Adopt-a-Classroom campaign. The potential is for up to $5,000 to be raised by the time school starts to the Adopt-a-Classroom campaign.

I have been teaching my girls about living #withpurpose by showing them to value what we have and to give to others, thus spreading the word about living #withpurpose.  We were able to put together a backpack filled with DaySpring school supplies and other items to donate to the Livingston Educational Service Agency for their Backpacks for Kids project.  My girls felt great about the project and they learned a lot too.

Check out our shopping trip!

More check-ins at WalMart
Powered by Whrrl

I invite you to take part in this campaign as well by posting about how you live #withpurpose.  I am tagging my friend Stacey at 1 Praying Mom because I think this is a cause that she would be passionate about.  I hope I'm right. :)

DAYSPRING’S BACK TO SCHOOL WITH PURPOSE BLOG CAMPAIGN RULES:


  • Copy and paste these rules to your blog post.
  • Create a blog post about what it means to you to go Back to School WithPurpose and identify others who you feel are Living With Purpose in their lives – you can recognize as many individuals as you want.
  • Link back to person who gave you a DaySpring Award
  • Let each person you are recognizing know you have recognized them.
  • Leave your link at btswithpurpose comment section. You can also find the official rules of this #WithPurpose blog campaign, and more information about Back to School with Purpose with DaySpring there.
  • Include the Back to School with Purpose image in your post
Disclosure: I wrote this post as part of a blog campaign by Collective Bias on behalf of DaySpring and was compensated for my thoughts and time. The information about Back to School #withpurpose, were supplied to me by Collective Bias.
Stacy

1 comment:

Dawn DB said...

Thanks, Stacy!

My girls and I may just have to go BTS shopping tonight!