My Life of What Ifs

Friday, March 18, 2011

Coffee with The Ladies

This morning "The Ladies" came over for coffee, breakfast and a some much-needed chat time.  The sun was shining, the coffee was brewing, and I had Nutella gift bags for everyone.  It was just like Christmas!  Kind of. :)

I offered whole grain english muffins, mini-bagels, and bananas, and a big ole' jar of Nutella to spead on whatever they wanted.  Some of the ladies were already fans, some had never tasted the stuff before (like me prior to the package coming in the mail) and some were allergic.  Oh no! Be careful.

One 13 oz. jar of Nutella has more than 50 hazelnuts in it, so we were careful and didn't go flinging it about.  We flung the chat instead and 6 ladies with little kids have a lot to chat about!

I was invited to have this Nutella Party by MommyParties and they sent me goody bags for all of my friends, as well as some great info that I did not know.  Such as...

Nutella hazelnut spread does not contain peanuts or peanut ingredients, nor does the product come in contact with peanuts during manufacturing.  Nutella is kosher, contains no artificial colors or preservatives and is low in sodium.

European families have enjoyed Nutella for over 40 years, it became available in the U.S. in the 1980's.

I did not know any of that. I have heard people rave about Nutella for years.  Why it took me so long to try it I do not know.  I admit I am a HUGE peanut butter fan, and I also enjoy almond butter, so maybe Hazelnuts with Cocoa was more than I could fathom.  But I tried it and I like it.  The taste is great but the texture is a little strange to me.  My friend described it like "putting hot fudge on your toast" and it does have that thick but not necessarily creamy texture.  I think of it as pudding, only a little thicker.  Is that wrong?


In additon to the Nutella we went through two pots of coffee.  You know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it literally breaks the fast!  Anywho we had fun and they loved their bags.  If you look at the pic below you can see why.  Great stuff and a coupon!


The ladies REALLY like the genius spreader! See the tip on that thing?  It's perfect for getting under the lip of a jar.  You know, the place the Nutella and Peanut Butter hide?

Each guest also got info on breakfast, recipe ideas, a travel mug and a Nutella sample.  Yum!

We did have fun and it was nice way to change up Friday morning coffee.  I love free stuff and I love to give my friends stuff.  So it worked out nice for everyone.

Along with the sunny day, it was the perfect start to what I hope is a great weekend.

I was provided with all of the Nutella items you see in the pictures above to share with my friends.  However, all opinions of this product are mine and mine alone.  The texture gets me, but the taste is great.

Stacy

No comments: