My Life of What Ifs

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dinner is a pain, especially #weeknightmeals

I was not put on this earth to cook.  Which is hilarious because I subscribe and buy many cooking magazines, have a variety of cooking apps on my phone, and borrow cookbooks from the library.

I am fascinated by the idea of cooking and finding new recipes.  But I usually only get as far as leaving the book open on the counter or printing the recipe and leaving it for my husband to find.  And prepare.  I'm sly that way.

Lately I've been all about widgets.  Whether it's on my phone or elsewhere on the Internet, I think it's so fun to  plug in a few criteria, or ingredients I have on hand, and see what pops up.  That's why the Kroger widget you see to the left is so great.

If you click on the Kroger widget a new website will open called Give Every Night New Flavor.  Once you're there you can find all the help you need to come up with something to have for dinner.  In my Whrrl below you can see that  I used the site and made Beef and Cheese Roll Ups.  Cory and I were skeptical at first, because it seems kind of silly- spaghetti sauce and a mozzarella cheese stick in a burrito shell.  But it did seem kid friendly, so we went for it.  Even as we sat down we wondered really?  This is what's for dinner?  But they were actually very tasty.

There are a lot of great recipes on Give Every Night New Flavor.  With cuisine choices like Mexican, Italian and Asian there is something for everyone, no matter how much time you have.


More check-ins at Kroger Food and Pharmacy
Powered by Whrrl

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. All opinions stated are mine and mine alone.
Stacy

No comments: