My Life of What Ifs

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Simple inspiration

It doesn't take much to inspire me.  I read the Post Secret website and see a secret that I could have written or one that feels like a secret message to me and I have to right click and save it for all of eternity.  Some I share here, and others I can't share because then you would wonder "what the hell is Stacy up to?"

I also find, as you probably are keenly aware, inspiration in words.  Quotes and lyrics are my thing and that is why I subscribe to the Real Simple Daily Thought Newsletter.

Yesterday I found this gem in my inbox...

“Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile...initially scared me to death.” - Betty Bender

and today this one...

“Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” - John Barrymore

I just love words.  Words that make me think.  Which is funny because my husband may tell you I think too much.  Maybe I rely on words too much to guide my path.  My path was clear for a bit and now it's fuzzy again. So do I look for more words or try to come up with my own?  It's hard to say, but I do know that words will always jump out at me, and that is a wonderful thing.
Stacy

No comments: