My Life of What Ifs

Thursday, March 12, 2009

What If There Were No Therapists?

I go through spurts where I think I don't really need therapy, that I'm done with it. Then I have a few weeks off, not quitting, but times where my schedule doesn't really allow time for it and then the spinning happens. Or is it spiraling? Either way it sucks and I realize then what my weekly therapy visits do for me. As I've said before, I'm not crazy just a little broken and therapy helps me feel better about myself. My therapist points out things that I miss, points out answers that I have for things that I didn't even realize I had. He also says things like "It's amazing that you are as sane as you are, considering all you've been through." Yeah, like I haven't heard that before.

So I don't want to know what it's like in a world without therapists, because after this last year I fear it might be a world without me.
Stacy

No comments: