My Life of What Ifs

Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Wisdom of Dr. Seuss

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

I first read this quote several months ago. It was attributed to Dr. Seuss, but I guess some say it's really an anonymous proverb. I for one, like thinking it was said by Dr. Seuss, but no matter I love it's meaning.

As I have mentioned I don't believe in regrets and really can't think of anything that honestly causes me to feel regret. But there are things that have happened in my life that have caused me great sadness when they came to an end. Things that during their "peaks" gave me great happiness. That's why I like this quote. It has helped me keep perspective during times of darkness.



Today I was perusing Target's dollar section, sipping my Iced Mocha, and I found a little sign with this quote on it. Then I found a picture frame, and then a greeting card. What is the Universe trying to tell me? I bought the sign and plan to hang it over my desk as writing inspiration. Inspiration to keep writing a story that may be hard to relive, but was wonderful at the time. A story that I feel others will enjoy, and if others enjoy it then I know it will be easier to smile because it happened.
Stacy

No comments: