My Life of What Ifs

Monday, March 8, 2010

Music Memory Monday

Ah yes, the inspired class song story.  Seems appropriate since its been 20 YEARS!!!!!!  Oy!  **slaps forehead**

Bette Midler - Greatest Hits-Experience the Divine

The First Class of a New Decade

I think the choice for a class song ranks pretty high on the list of significant songs in our lives, that's why when the choice isn't great it's hard to stomach.


The two classes before ours had common, yet appropriate class songs, Don't you forget about me by Simple Minds- very Breakfast Club and expected for 1988, and Never tear us apart by INXS for 1989.

I know we had a few choices to vote on, one of which was Thank you for being a friend also known as the Theme to the Golden Girls. I'm not sure what it says about our other choices when all I can remember is that and our winner, Bette Midler's Wind Beneath My Wings.

IIf you only listen to the chous, it's inspired in its message, but if you read the other lyrics the choice seems odd. Does this really represent our class?  Someone voted for it, because it won, but everyone seemed to complain about it.  It's about being overshadowed by someone, and how after the fact that person who was shining bright decides to acknowledge the other.   I've always been embarrassed by our class song. Don't get me wrong, the song is lovely, but a class song it isn't. At least it gives me a nice chuckle whenever I hear it.
Stacy

No comments: