My Life of What Ifs

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I am not a determined person

If you tell me not to do something, it makes me want to do it.  Will someone please forbid me from exercising?  Please?

I have no willpower.  No gumption.  No determination.  Could it be... gasp!  I'm lazy?

If I gave exercise the time I give Frontierville I'd be on the cover of the freakin' Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.  OK, maybe that's extreme, but if you add in the time I spend on Cityville too well then it's quite possible.

I have the time to be a very dedicated person to many things.  But I am easily distracted, and quite good at talking myself out of things.  I can't resolve.  I can't commit.  I can't declare.  It's all just a recipe for failure.

I am looking for suggestions.  I will be 40 in about 15 months.  I have ideas of how I want to turn 40 and my current shape is not it.  So, what is my problem?  Why am I so easily uninspired?  Do you have pointers for me?  I have some questions....

Should I take advantage of the free months deal at Anytime Fitness?
What is the best kind of bread to buy that my kids will still eat?
If you suspect you have developed a lactose intolerance what do you put in your coffee?
Do you drink coffee?
Do you forget to take care of yourself?
Have you let yourself go?
Are you a disciplined person?  Have you always been?

Give me tips, pointers, and whatever else you have.  I am a sponge.  A sponge who has crops to tend to.
Stacy

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wii Fit. At LEAST every other day for 30 mins. Certain games really burn. Advance boxing = 55 calories in just a few minutes. Advanced hula hoop is great for the abs. And it's FUN so I'll play with Kyan and sometimes Jaben even after I've finished my time.

Also calorie counting, which is free, unlike weight watchers or any other programs.

I don't wanna turn 40 in this shape either. Round may be a shape, but it's not the shape *I* would prefer.

Good luck!!